Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finished - bright baby scrap quilt

So I've finished a couple of quilt tops, but have been shy to quilt them.  When I finished the scrappy one, I quilted it.  Then I bound it: I like hand sewing the binding, maybe I'll hand quilt the next one!  I don't know what I've been afraid of!

I had planned to use the border fabric to bind with: but after I trimmed the quilt, I just couldn't.  So I pieced some of the solids from my colorbar quilt together at ransom lengths.  It's perfect, bright and cheery. A friend wants to buy it though: how much do you sell a quilt for? 




I had planned to back the colorbar quilt in fleece to make it more casual, but I'm enjoying the feel of cotton and batting:  maybe I'll repurpose the bright yellow fleece and find a back for my colorbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment